Constant noise in speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

spike_e
10+ year member

ballin on a budget
I have 2 different pioneer GM-A5602 amplifiers that are producing noise/static constantly.

I have tried my component speakers and a 6.5 coaxial as a test speaker and both have the noise.

I disconnected the RCAs and the noise is still present.

I moved the ground from a spot on the body to one of the seat bolts and the noise is still there with no RCA connection.

The noise does not turn into a whine when engine starts or revs.

Voltage tests constantly at 14.5 or above.

I have 0 ga wire running from the battery to a distribution block. From the distribution block 0 ga goes to my alpine sub amp and 4 guage goes to the pioneer am in question. O guage ground to alpine 4 ga to pioneer at different ground points.

No issues with alpine amp other than it gets pretty hot. Me very goes into protection just is very hit to the touch.

I bought a new pioneer gm-e360x4 from Walmart that goes into protection mode anywhere from immediately until about 10 minutes into the drive. I think this amp is just faulty as it was on clearance and is not even listed in pioneer website. But it could be related.

Has alternator tested at Advance and it's good.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas what may be causing the noise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...