Alpine PXA H701

Participant count
  • Participant list

alpine7909

N/A
i have a alpine pxa h701 with the rux c701 and a alpine cda 117. i was testing my equipment with a computer power supply and everything was going good. the head unit powered up and so did the processor. i went through some of the menus on both and then shut them off after that. i came back later to turn them both on but only the headunit came on. i figured it might be the fuse, so i cut the fuse out and just ran the 12 volt yellow wire to my pc power supply. nothing happened no lights, no sound, nothing. so now my question is, was that bad fuse i had, and does the h701 need a fuse to power on instead of a straight 12 volt wire going from the h701 to my power supply? any help would be appreciated.

i was making sure it works, cause there is nothing like installing something in your car, and then finding out it doesn't work, and then having to pull it out.

first, you test fuses by measuring them with a DMM. removing a fuse is never recommended - it's there to protect equipment.

second, did you have the AiNet cable connected? that is what tells the H701 to turn on if you don't have the remote turn-on input connected.

Also, is the head unit in EQ/DIV mode?

two weeks ago i had the H701 on my test bench for the same reasons

Lego42000%20006.jpg

@keep_hope_alive

ok i messed up by hacking out the fuse so i ordered another wire harness. as far as having everything hooked up right, yeah i had the the ai net cable plugged in between the h701 and cda 117, and i had the switches my headunit in the ext ap position. what do you think is it a blown fuse or a bad unit?

no i haven't mainly cause i don't know how to, but wouldn't my 12v be ok if it turned on my head unit and amplifier just fine? or is the processor just power hungry?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.