Alpine PDX vs. Sundown SAX

I have the Sundown 100.2 pushing Rainbow comps. I have to have the gain all the way down on the Sundown in fear that it ill blow the Rainbows. It definitely pushes the power and my Rainbows are a joy to listen to. The amp does run hot, but it's A/B and expected I guess. I'm happy.

I have the Sundown 100.2 pushing Rainbow comps. I have to have the gain all the way down on the Sundown in fear that it ill blow the Rainbows. It definitely pushes the power and my Rainbows are a joy to listen to. The amp does run hot, but it's A/B and expected I guess. I'm happy.
i'm sure that amp does 130x2 but you need to keep the gains to a minimum for fear of blowing your rainbows?,dammmmn are rainbows that sensitive

I just found out the PDX is a class D, Will this effect SQ in anyway, could be a myth from what i been reading vs. A/B amp.

Should be a hair louder, around 1.5 dB for 50% more power per channel. It is also a bit more expensive, so not a big surprise all in all that it's louder. Shows that Alpine scales well for the dollar vs. the competition.
As a note, if your PDX blows fuses you just need to put bigger ones in... not sure if you guys got the notice, but some other dealers that I know got a notice from Alpine about that -- that is what they told me anyhow, seemed to work for them to remedy the issue!
It's nice to see an owner of another company come on here and be this honest and helpful towards another product:) There should be more companies like Sundown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.