alpine or audiobahn...and more?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 954
U

Unregistered

I recently was robbed of some crap speakers when I moved .an insurance claim was made and I raised the price since the idiots did not write what the speakers were. Well the point is i'm looking for a whole new sub system . I've been looking into the Alpine R series 12" x 2 and the Audiobahn alumx 12" x2, which one is better? Also what amp should I get ? Both of the two types will be sold to me for about $300-$320 range .So I have about $700-$800 more to spend.I also need a new box ,I have a 1996 VW jetta what kind of box would sound best in there?Oh one important factor I have an Alpine cd head unit.

i would go infinity for sq (same price range on ebay) wouldnt do the bahns alpines are ok but you can also get a set of kicker l5 12's in that price range with a good amp like a jbl 1200.1 (under 300 bucks) you would have pretty good sound and alot of output

I'm registered now. I'm the the one that posted the question. The Sq in the vw is great what I'm lacking is the boom I will be playing hip-hop/dance hall/and jungle. What I need is the most boom for the best price. To tell you the truth I'm far from being an expert so I need to know the diffrence between 2 and 4 ohm amps and other details like that.I don't have access to stores around me ,I'm in the Azores,Portugal for the air force so I'm counting on you guys to help so I can do it myself.What kind of box is needed sealed ,ported ,or bandpass?

dude i am going to join the usaf in about 2 years my dad was in my grandpa was in and my 2 bro in laws are in one just got sent to korea. anyway 2 ohm amps mean they are stable to 2 ohm which is a huge advantage you can get more watts to your subs with less ohms say my amp is 125 by 4channels and that is at 4 ohm but my amp and many other amps are 2ohm stable so if i drop my resistance down to 2ohms on my subs the amp is supposed to put out 250 by 4 at 2ohm! Big big advantage.I bought 2 12 in type R's for 135 a piece on the net and now that i have them i would pay at least 200$ for one. THey are banging out the ass for the buck. Other good subs with fair prices perfects a little more pricey w3(JL Audio) comp vr's(kicker) 6000 or 8000(mtx) Shiva(adire audio) and many more. Hope i helped.

Shiva(adire audio)
Definitely, I've never heard them, but zane reccomended them, I looked at the specs, and those subs, seem like they should have quite a bit of boom, not to mention good SQ. You can get them for $125 shipped a piece. I had ordered a pair, but had to cancel, being I would have needed a bigger amp, and didn't have the money. Other than that, if you want good boom w/o SQ for a good price, the audiobahns wouldn't be a bad choice, but, I must tell you the SQ is not at all good. Alpine will provide great SQ, and the boom is pretty impressive. Overall, the Alpine is a more complete sub out of the two, although the audiobahn is capable of more SPL.

any of the ones mentioned would do well the advantage to the L5 is cone area is larger and is a fairly stiff cone. shiva for the price is just killer, alpine is tried and true, infinity is the prettiest with good muscle and sq, hell even forgot the jl w3 but for boom in the low end i would suggest the first 2

bought the box, you said u already had good SQ inside, so why not in the trunk?

sealed box and prob 4 ohms are good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.