memphis vs. mtx

Participant count
  • Participant list
right now i have a jl 300/2 amp with a 12" w3 that hits ok but i want more db i was thinking about going with a (memphis 1000 or mtx81000) and 2 mtx 10" 8000. my friend has a s10 with some crappy amp with 2 mtx 10's and it pounds like crazy, it blows mine away i can hear him coming down the street and the volume is low. i might even keep my w3 and get another one so it will make it 2 but i think the amp isnt doing the trick. also since the jl is a dual voice coil i cant bridge the amp so i'm running it in stereo, i hate dual voice coils. the other day i hooked up my old sub on the other channel and it made my system hit harder and i dont know why. just give me ur opinion, thanks also i plan to spend like $1500

Louis:rolleyes:

Dude keep your jl w3 and get another one sell your amp and get a jl 500/1 and smoke that guy the 8000 subs do not impress me at all wire them in parrlell and make sure you got it in a good box and you will be bumpin amp you got now isnt made really for subs but for componets.

i would definately go mtx style i have been very pleased with my mtxthunder81000d and my 2 mtxthunder8000 15"s it always gets the heads turnin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.