Alpine not so great

pioneer here!! althougth those eclipse are sounding better each day... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Just got my eclipse CD5444 today. Will have it up and running in the next couple of days. The eclipse and the alpine CDA-9823 were the same price (at the store...alpine is a lot cheaper online), but i have always wanted an eclipse deck as i have always heard good things about them. I also don't care for the alpine's looks. We'll see how it performs, but i'm positive i will like it more than my lower line panasonic.

Is skipping scratched cds the only negative thing you guys can say about Alpine? Cuz if thats it , thats a pretty weak argument. By the way scratched CDs are not Alpines fault, Its your fault for being a cheap a** and not buying a cd case

I take excellent care of my discs and my GF's 7893 still won't read them in hot weather ... You have to wait for it to cool down before it will work ... So, when you park, you either park in the shade or forgo music for 20-30 minutes after you get back in the car ...
I haven't had a single problem with my 7873 in the past 3 years, though (other than that speaker wire short in the doors, but that's hardly because of the head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif )
Thats weird. My mustang has black leather and it heats up to, **** ive gotta say 120 degrees and i still have no problems. My beretta didnt have leather but it was still dark inside and there were 3 different alpines in there and no problem as well.

I've come to the conclusion that I may have just got a lemon. I brought it in to the "elite" car stereo place in my area and they said everything was connected properly and the settings were correct. I was just mad b/c my new system sounds like crap.

I've come to the conclusion that I may have just got a lemon. I brought it in to the "elite" car stereo place in my area and they said everything was connected properly and the settings were correct. I was just mad b/c my new system sounds like crap.
So your saying your speakers are crap?

No i'm saying that b/c the head unit causes so much static, the speakers sound bad.

The amp on the unit must be messed up b/c it makes the noise whether the car is on or in accessory. And the static only comes on when the volume is turned past 0. I don't think it is alternator whine or lack of a good ground but I will try those before I call Alpine to get a new unit.

well i've had my alpine 7871 for quite a while now and the only problem i ever had was when i tried to play a cd at like -20 degrees outside without warming my car up--the cd was stuck in there and nothing would play until it warmed up to about +30 inside the car. but overall i'll stay with alpine for a long time.

Alpine recommends in the manual that it should not be operated under -10 degree Celcius (+14 degrees Fahrenheit) ...
yeah i know but being the impatient and mr-know-it-all i thought i was back then--i never took time to read the book.

well i've had my alpine 7871 for quite a while now and the only problem i ever had was when i tried to play a cd at like -20 degrees outside without warming my car up--the cd was stuck in there and nothing would play until it warmed up to about +30 inside the car. but overall i'll stay with alpine for a long time.
-20 lol. That would make any unit do that.

By the way, what exactly is alternator whine?

its when you can hear a noise through your speakers most noticibly when accelerating--usually caused by grounding issues. its kinda like a higher pitched whining noise.

sounds like the problem i was having earlier. That sh** was freakin loud. I mean at 1 volume the beep sounded like it was at 18 volume. It hasnt happend yet but I assumed it was my 4 channel amp because the little plastic thing that goes between the GND and 12V broke off and it doesnt look so sturdy anymore......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.