Alpine IVA-W505/P1 thoughts

phish368
10+ year member

I've been considering this unit for a while as i feel it would suit my needs but I have not heard much about it on this board or a few others that I visit.

Would anyone know of any 'cons' or issues that I may not know of due to the lack of discussion on it. I'm hoping that no news is good news but I rather make sure before I go and make this purchase.

Thanks guys!

The P1 in the IVA-W505/p1 is part of their new 'package' deal which is the W505 and the new Navi/GPS device that slides into the place were the 'blackbird' device would go. Only downside to the P1 is that it does not have a screen so it would just sit in the HU and cannot be used externally which i dont mind since i have access to a Garmin GPS.

I am going to buy each device separately as I can get them for cheaper that way.

Check it out: Alpine NVE-P1

Moneybags - question for you: If you use an Ipod (which i would think everyone pretty much does).

Lets say the title of the album or the title of the song is 25-30 characters long, will the HU display the full title when searching and etc?

I tend to have albums labeled as "2009-10-17 Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY"

I'd like to be able to scroll and see all the info if possible

one thing to keep in mind... alpine navigation *****. you won't find a single positive thing about it online. you might consider saving your money and using the 505 along with your garmin, or looking into a kenwood 8120/9140, which has built in garmin.

unless you're needing active controls through the head unit, in which case alpine is your only option, paired with the h701. of course, you can always use an outboard processor with any other head unit, but alpine is the only way to go as far as controlling the crossovers through the deck.

Moneybags - question for you: If you use an Ipod (which i would think everyone pretty much does).
Lets say the title of the album or the title of the song is 25-30 characters long, will the HU display the full title when searching and etc?

I tend to have albums labeled as "2009-10-17 Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY"

I'd like to be able to scroll and see all the info if possible
Yes It does the automatic scrolling

I don't have experience with the P1, but I love my 505/Blackbird combo. I had issues with the first gen Blackbird, but the second gen has been good to me. I have the traffic service added as well, and use the Bluetooth feature through the Blackbird. No complaints.

Decided to make the purchase today... Just gotta wait for it to be shipped to me (hopefully by the end of the week). ** i feel like a kid the day before xmas **

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.