Kenwood eXcelon x993/x693 play .wav through USB?

i have last years modle kenwood and it play wav mp3 all of em but...... it can only handle so much i tride to hook a hard drive to it it wont take it i think u can only hook a device thaqt has like less than 5 gigs

i had a excelon 991 and used a 120 gig ipod classic and a 16 gig flash drive on it with no problems. And it was pretty fast also. I am looking at the 993 now

It will not play WAV files at any level via USB. The size of the drive does not matter as long as it is formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. It will not support any other formats. Most external hard drives are usually formatted in FAT32, however, some of the larger ones may be NTFS. It's a really easy fix if you get one that is the wrong format. Simply plug it into your computer, right click, format, then select the options you want (FAT32) and you're good to go. I recommend doing a full format if it asks, not quick. Usually when you change format types, you have to do a full format.

It will not play WAV files at any level via USB. The size of the drive does not matter as long as it is formatted in FAT16 or FAT32. It will not support any other formats. Most external hard drives are usually formatted in FAT32, however, some of the larger ones may be NTFS. It's a really easy fix if you get one that is the wrong format. Simply plug it into your computer, right click, format, then select the options you want (FAT32) and you're good to go. I recommend doing a full format if it asks, not quick. Usually when you change format types, you have to do a full format.
Don't forget it will erase everything on said hard drive!

Don't forget it will erase everything on said hard drive!
Obviously I have forgotten the most important part of formatting. Everything will be erased on the hard drive/flash drive. Make sure you back up everything you want to keep on there before you format. I've made that mistake too many times (stupid hidden files).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.