Alpine EQ help

Participant count
  • Participant list

SenorPablo

SoCal
I've got some Polk MMC6500's which I'm trying to bring up the low vocal range freq's.

Looking at the Alpine EQ(CDA-9813), I notice that you can't get nice smooth curves in the EQ. Rather, you have to make adjusments which create specific humps which look to me to be fairly narrow, even with the width set at max of 3.

Can anyone shed some light on parametric EQ's for me?

Thanx,

Paul

The parametric on the alpines is a little bit of a pain. Usually the lower the q the wider the band it changes but it could be different on that deck or i-personalize could be setup backwords.... Most visual or digital eq's will lead you to think that it is actually moving a VERY wide band of frequencies almost like a smooth large curve but in reality they are changing them just like the alpine shows with steep hills and or valleys. Even with a q of 0 you really need 7-11 bands minimum to make a really smooth curve "if that is what ya need"

Is your deck 5 band or 3?If you want to change lower male vocals, look to change anyplace from 400-3khz

Thanks for the input. I'll give that a try.

The thumbnail attached to my original msg is from the i-personalize for my unit, which has 5-bands.

From a novice standpoint, it seems to me that all those sharp peaks and valleys would do mo harm than good.

Yeah they seem sharp because alpine is showing you what 99% of eq's actually do. Most show you kinda an unbreakable bar that changes shape so you think your making a smooth curve. That is not the case. If you get the chance to work with an rta then that little eq can do magic for ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.