Alpine CDE-102 Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cart9739
10+ year member

I have installed an Alpine CDE-102 Head Unit. When turning it on a few days after installation (it was working correctly) it displayed "DC-Error" which, According to the site, means a ground speaker wire (or speaker wire issue), but, i just tried turning it on a few hours ago, after the car had been off. It works fine. But, just cut out again awhile later. I think the problem may be an overheating issue. Does anyone know how to "cool" a head unit if this is the problem? I am quite confused.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

I'd check all your connections. Maybe something is loose and is causing the error message to pop up.
Ive tried twice, rewiring BOTH times, it works after rewiring, but only for a day or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You may have to check all your speaker wiring. Supposedly this error is caused by a grounded speaker wire or shorted speaker wire, as you previously stated. I searched the error message and that's all I could really get out of it. You may have to end up running new wire from the HU to all the speakers. Factory wiring FTL.

Can you hear a fan running when it's on? My 9855 has one and my 9853 had one too. I would assume that yours should also have one. If you don't hear it running, I guess there's a possibility that it it could be heat. However, the error message would strongly lead me to believe you have a speaker wire issue somewhere. Run new wire. It's not too hard to do and it's rather cheap too.

I know, ive had it done before, thats why it bothers me, just thinking "****, if it didnt work twice, what are the odds it'll work this time?" i'll give it a shot soon, i'm just doubtful :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.