Alpine cda won't hold settings

Well the deck was perfectly fine they ended up running the constant to the cig lighter. Either way it goes I am happy because it holds the settings now.
yea see u could have done it yourself if you listened to me, i drive a cadillac seville and i had the same problem.

did they even CHECK the fuses?
i bet the fuse was blown now that you are saying that the constant wasnt working. for sure.
has nothing to do with the fuses, the wiring harness for the cadillacs bose hu's dont have a constant power wire(or coaxil antenna wire), so u have to wire it into ur cig lighter.

Yea I know but my car was recently broke into and they stole everything but my girl bought me the same stereo from them so they were going to put it in for free so I didn't even bother with it.

did they even CHECK the fuses?
i bet the fuse was blown now that you are saying that the constant wasnt working. for sure.
alot of the newer GM's aren't running the same old wiring schematic. You can't always go "... Ground to ground, Batt to Batt, Switched to Switched...".

If I wanted to wire up my aftermarket head unit to cover all the functions of my Stocker, I need a big ugly expensive harness, a relay, 2 inline fuses, and a vss adaptor.

check your terminals on your battery, specifically the negative, and make sure its securely tight, i had the same problem before only to find out the terminal was loose.

alot of the newer GM's aren't running the same old wiring schematic. You can't always go "... Ground to ground, Batt to Batt, Switched to Switched...".
If I wanted to wire up my aftermarket head unit to cover all the functions of my Stocker, I need a big ugly expensive harness, a relay, 2 inline fuses, and a vss adaptor.

**** american cars. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.