Alpine cda won't hold settings

bmd107
10+ year member

OK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had my head unit hooked up two different times and it still will not retain any of the settings that I set in there. I was thinking the memory might be hooked up wrong however after having it looked at I was advised it was hooked up correctly. This is in a 97 cadillac deville. All help is greatly appreciated.

either the constant wire is wrong or the deck is having internal prob's. If you're sure of the person who checked the wiring then send the deck out to get a check-up.

i bet you that the fuse is probally blown. check your fusebox and replace your fuse(s) that are blown.

i had the same problem and it was just a blown fuse. its a very cheap fix. and i doubt your cda is having internal problems. mine is fantastic working condition and im having no problems at all.

it probally blew because you eaither hooked up the constant 12v source before you grounded your deck, or you accidentally touched the 12v to a ground. so check that and tell us if it was the solution.

good luck.

The deck still plays and powers on however I have to press the on button. Would that mean that it is still my fuse.

no means ur power wires are hooked up wrong. u have ur power and memory hooked to the same wire it sounds like

u need an accesory power and a constant power. if u dont have a constant power your going to have to run one from ur cigarrete lighter up to ur headunit.

actually no it wont still power on...

my friend had a blown fuse for the switched supply, this is only used to tell the HU to power on and off. we ended up having to hook the switched power supply (red) and the constant power supply [memory wire] (yellow) to the yellow wire. when we hooked red to red and yellow to yellow, the unit wouldnt power on.

so i hooked it up like that, and when we turnd the car off, the settings dissapeared.

it looks like whoever installed it, could not figure out why your switched wire was not working (red wire) and he hooked them both to the constant supply (yellow wire).

first, check all fuses (in the engine bay AND under\drivers side on the dash) and replace ALL blown fuses, DO NOT put fuses in locations where the is no fuse to begin with.

if all fuses are fine and not broken (should be ~20 fuses in the engine and in the car combined...) it might be the relay - big black box looking things in the fuse boxes... they are cheap to fix, but i dont know how to test if they are fried.

but check the fuses, and tell us if you found a burnt\broke one, replace it.. and then hook red to red and yellow to yellow - if its like that already, and this does not solve your problem, i dont know whats wrong.

hook the red to the red and the yellow to the yellow on the wire harness.

well thing is ..its not that cut and dry in cadillacs, they dont make wiring harnesses and the wires arent red/yellow either... u'll hafta find ur power and accessory wire, the constant power wire can be taken from ur cigarrete lighter if it needs to be done. good luck finding a fit kit also.. u might hafta buy a buick one.

well thing is ..its not that cut and dry in cadillacs, they dont make wiring harnesses and the wires arent red/yellow either... u'll hafta find ur power and accessory wire, the constant power wire can be taken from ur cigarrete lighter if it needs to be done. good luck finding a fit kit also.. u might hafta buy a buick one.
Yep, similar prob with the trailblazer. Had to run a sep remote into the head unit. The "harness" for it is $74... the friggin speed sensor, door chime relay, etc. Screw that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All these Ideas are appreciated. However since the deck was bought from ultimate electronics I will just let them deal with it when they are installing my alarm. I will however let them know the suggestions. Either way it goes they will have to fix it.

Well the deck was perfectly fine they ended up running the constant to the cig lighter. Either way it goes I am happy because it holds the settings now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.