Alpine amp not producing the power it should

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby222

CarAudio.com Newbie
NEVADA
I have an Alpine PDX-M12 mono amp push two Alpine type r 12's (dual 2 ohm voice coil) i had the wired both bridged and not and still the same performance. I'm not sure where the problem is but the gain on the amp is all the way up and barley pushes the subs. I've checked all fuses, wires, connections etc and can't seem to find the problem. Also the remote bass control Knob is unresponsive.
Amp settings
Volts: 0.1-1.0
LPF: 15
Gain: Max
Hz: 40

stock head unit or what head unit model? Whats the head unit settings? Also never max out your gain or else you gonna blow all sorts of ****. LPF should be 80 not 15
Also I Don’t have it it at max gain all the time. Just for reference purposes that it should be to much power for those subs and it’s barley pushing them.

Stock head unit it’s in a Cadillac Escalade
thats your issue. Stock signal cut to **** to make stock speakers sound better. You arent getting a full range signal. The stock head unit has built in crossovers that prevent speakers from getting a full bass signal to protect the stock speakers. Now you are just amplifying a non existent signal which gets you zero bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.