Alpine 9833 EQ Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

FLipFlop
10+ year member

New At This Game
NY, NY
I just installed this new HU together with a set of Koda components powered by an eD Nine.2. I am planning to install a sub soon so I did not connect the stock rears. Its a great HU except that the EQ is very hard to work with. My problem is that I have very little to no bass response at all from my Kodas. There is no simple way to adjust bass and treble except through the EQ.

I need help setting up the EQ so I can put my Kodas to good use. Ill post pics when I am completely satisfied with the sound. This is very frustrating.

Thanks

What size is your Koda, 6 1/2's? Start off with the high pass xover on your unit. Drop it low in the neighborhood of 60hz then work your way up. For the EQ, the very low end on the 2nd band or on the high end of the 1st band, work around the 60hz to 100hz area, increase the db if you have to, then work with a narrow Q. It's hard to give you an exact point without actually sitting in your car and listening to it or RTA'ing your system.

Midbass is a little tricky to work with. Sometimes you want the sub to help compliment the upper range a bit to give it a low end cushion to your midbass.

Yes sir. I have the 6.1 Koda Component set. I have the eD Nine.2 amp set on HPF at around 120-130 hz. I turned OFF the POwer-IC on the HU and set the X-over at 125 hz. I started messing around with the Parametric EQ today after work for about 1 hour and finally a little something together. The reason why I asked first is because I just finish my install last night at 2 AM so I did not have time to really tune.

These Kodas pound really hard with excellent voice clarity. As for the tweeters they are just perfect for my taste. I cant wait to get some Subwoofers - I already have the eD Nine.1 to power it.

Has anyone used the I-personalize download to tune their system? I would like to get a copy of your Parametric EQ settings and X-over settings for the fronts.

Perhaps since I dont have a sub yet I can lower it to around 80 hz to fulfull my bass needs. But when I get the subs, I will bring it up to around 100-120 to get my clarity back. Thanks but I will try it when I get a chance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.