Alpine 176A Type R's 6.5"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Forty-Ouncer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys i just recently changed my front speakers (RF HPC2206) to alpine type r's.

I dont know what to think. at first i thought they were awesome, now im not too sure. Ive got an alpine 110rmsx2 amp feeding them so they have lots of power.

Perhaps maybe my install is not so good or my crossovers are set wrong? They dont get AS loud as i hoped they would. My car doors are open so i put a cover around them. hOwever it seems that my old RF's were louder (even tho they sounded like ASS).

any ideas?

my 5.25" type R comps are hella loud. i mean you cant talk and here the passenger. and i only got 50 W RMS going to them.......

no baffles or anything. i should have gotten the 6.5 i was trying to save on install time and it ended up taking as long to install as the 6.5" would have.

but they are clear and louder than heck....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.