Alpine 12" DVC 4ohm survey

There are a whole heck of a lot more subs out there. I suggest that you take a few days and search on these boards and familiarize yourself with some of the other brands.

Ask yourself if you are looking into SQ or SPL, or somewhere in between. I suggest you pick up a pair of subs, and sell one of your amps.

play them on 500 rms or so for 4 or 5 days

first pair of r's i bought i blew in 5 minutes on 700 rms a piece

then the next set i broke in and liked how they sounded and ended up doing 6 type r's

i have 2 10" type r's on a jl 1000/1v2, and they love it. they are in a maybe 2.6 cubed box at 30hz. but yeah, they definately need to be broke in. the others are all excellent brands(dd, sundown, rd, fi) but for commercially available subs, i like the type r's.

I would say that the fosgate T1000's definitly produce clean power, they both birthed a little over 1400 watts rms @ 1ohm and 875, and 930 rms @ 2ohm
its not clean power if your clipping the shiit out of it...

I run between 1200 and 1800 a piece to mine daily (depends on whether I'm running 2 or 4). This is clean rms power...tested with clamp meter/ dmm for true power. I have also run them on 2 T1000's with no problems...but I'm surprised no one else mentioned this...its the box!

They take a ton of power in a good ported box, but in a 1.25ft sealed box with that much power, they are probably bottoming out. Right now, you are wasting huge potential from those subs. Put them in a good ported box and use some common sense (if you smell them, turn them down) and you'll be happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.