Alpine 12" DVC 4ohm survey

Jester44010
10+ year member

Ok so how many of you are pushing 800-1000 RMS to these subs?

My pair on 2 T1000's around 900 RMS sounded like they were bottoming out from day 1, and by end of day 2 one sub toasted, the other is not far behind. and i didnt beat on them for maybe hour out of both days total.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

btw both subs are brand new from best buy....

It doesnt matter what box, they arent meant to handle that much for daily...PERIOD! Not to mention true 2k rms calls for an elctrical upgrade whether you like it or not. You either sent bad power or too much power to them.

for electrical i have:

Front Stock Battery

150amp alt

1/0 running to back

Yellow top in back

1/0 running from yellow top to each amp

1/0 ground from each amp to seperate grounds then the yellow top is hooked up to

900rms into type r's....why? there only rated ate 500RMS, so all you need is just one of those amp pushing both of those subs. Thas why there blown, 400rms toooooo much. Too bad that best buy doesnt have a warrenty for being stupid

I know they are rated 500rms and 1500 peak. i read alot of people saying they were pushing 900rms daily to them. now of course they didnt say if that was tru rms or what they thought they were pushing so i tried it. Thats why i wanted to check if i have something wrong that they do handle that, or if i need to maybe go to 4 12's 2 subs per amp @1ohm

Should i look into different subs? i got the r series because i had 2006 model p2's plastics cracked and i had 4yr extended warrenty, figured new car, new stereo and time to upgrade, and they dont carry p2's so they gave me credit towards 2 new subs and best they carry really where the typr r 12" dvc 4ohm .....btw this is a grand cherokee larado 2004 this is all going in

Should i look into different subs? i got the r series because i had 2006 model p2's plastics cracked and i had 4yr extended warrenty, figured new car, new stereo and time to upgrade, and they dont carry p2's so they gave me credit towards 2 new subs and best they carry really where the typr r 12" dvc 4ohm .....btw this is a grand cherokee larado 2004 this is all going in
Ok, you have roughly 2k rms, right? Turning your amps down a hair isnt an option for you, am I correct so far? Why dont you upgrade your subs...any decent sub rated around about 1k will do just fine for what you're looking for. I suggest looking into the major car audio brands. For ex, DD, CA, RE, DC, Fi, AP for 2 decent 1k subs. I dont know how much money you're trying to put into this but thats what I'd do in your case. If it was up to me, I'd go with 2 DD 3512's and call it a day.

according to the birth sheets im looking at around 2800rms...

hmmm can you help me with these type subs? im only used to fosgate, kicker, alpine, mtx.... as far as money ive got a **** ton in those 2 amps, battery etc as i traded in my subs and sold my 325.2 fosgate and 1fared cap adn went to this. $$ is open dont want to go completly crazy, but would like something to hit hard as i seem to have lots of power now, and not something where ill be frying ****ing subs every other week and taking them back lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.