all Radio wires touched

gdub_16
10+ year member

i cut all my Radio wires with some metal sissors and i blew 2 fuses they were the radio fuse and interior lights fuse Now when i turn my car off and take my keys out my car dings and dings and dings till i turn the key backwords or till i start it up.

do u have daytime running lights cuz my car did the dinging thing and it was because i blew the parking lamp fuse. idk just a thought and never do that again.

You may have royally boned your car's electrical system. You figure that you shorted all those wires and only blew two fuses that you know of. What happened during the current spike before thw fuses blew? What systems got a good jolt of juice that probably shouldn't have? Hopefully it's something simple, though problems with modern cars' electrical systems a rarely simple, and you will be able to get it fixed inexpensively. Lesson to be learned: Disconnect the battery ground before doing any work on the radio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.