All Kicker Build. Honda Civic & Toyota Yaris Sedan

Definitely man. Thanks. i will post more pics when i take more. Amp rack is beautiful .

Solid amps and sub for sure, terrifically over-priced though. Speakers are mediocre. More pics though! That looks like some great install work.

just like what everyone is saying: overpriced. Like most "mainstream" car audio gear. For the money, you cant get nearly as much with kicker as you could with lesser known companies

yeah. cant lie..they are pricey, but they sure are of super high quality. never heard of a kicker amp blow or something. so its well worth it.

why would i if its 2 ohm stable. 2.5 k+ at 2 ohms.
if its super high quality run it below what its rated see if it lasts . my aq gives me almost 5k @.5 for 800 brand new takes it all day just sayin kicker is alot of $$$ and over rated.

which is why alot of people dont like them.
for $1k you can get a 6-7kw amp and for 700-800 you can get 2 subs that will take 3kw all day long.
For $1200 you can get a 10k Kicker amp...point being?

OP, if your boy has that X sealed, tell him to kill himself. The X is made to get loud, and it was designed to do so in a ported enclosure.

if its super high quality run it below what its rated see if it lasts . my aq gives me almost 5k @.5 for 800 brand new takes it all day just sayin kicker is alot of $$$ and over rated.
I'm not going to defend Kicker in this thread as I so vehemently have in the past, but let's put your AQ on an O-scope and RTA at .5 and see what kind of THD we are seeing. I bet my horse looks tons better at way more power for just a couple hundred bucks. Looking at the SX and WX series of Kicker amps, you pay for DSP. One of the better ones in the business. Yes there are amps that put out more power for the dollar. No there isn't a brand putting out a better signal.

OP, if your boy has that X sealed, tell him to kill himself. The X is made to get loud, and it was designed to do so in a ported enclosure.

I'm not going to defend Kicker in this thread as I so vehemently have in the past, but let's put your AQ on an O-scope and RTA at .5 and see what kind of THD we are seeing. I bet my horse looks tons better at way more power for just a couple hundred bucks. Looking at the SX and WX series of Kicker amps, you pay for DSP. One of the better ones in the business. Yes there are amps that put out more power for the dollar. No there isn't a brand putting out a better signal.
hug on hug on . didnt say they werent decent amps but i think its in the catagory with jl . imo

All I'm saying is that much of the hate is baseless. JL is one hell of an SQ sub, unfortunately stupid people think they are loud. The retail is insane. They can be had at proper values resale. Same with Kicker except for SPL. Both campanies' amps are some of the best in the business (if purchased at a proper price, and not MSRP).

Ported bro! port is in the back. Big *** port. That **** gets loud at Volume 1 of the HU! the HU can go up to 62 and at vol 3 you can hear it coming from 100 meters away.

All I'm saying is that much of the hate is baseless. JL is one hell of an SQ sub, unfortunately stupid people think they are loud. The retail is insane. They can be had at proper values resale. Same with Kicker except for SPL. Both campanies' amps are some of the best in the business (if purchased at a proper price, and not MSRP).
that i can agree with i had a jl slash 10001v2 was a good amp .OP im subbed interested to see turnout bet it will be a nice build

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.