all car audio shops are not bad.

LBX2G
10+ year member

R.I.P Camofluage
yo I have good news. all car audio shops are not bad. You kno how we are all bashing all the car audio shops.

Well here is my story. I got my new crimestopper alarm about a 2 weeks ago and today I went to go look and see who could install it. I went to all the shops in my city and only one guy said he would install it. He wanted $500 I said hell no. All the other said that they would not do it cuz they only install alarms that they sell. And seeing that I bought it online. I callled around inthe next city over and I was gettin the same thing. Until I called Hifi Buys . They said that would do it for like $180 that was a lil on the expensive side but i said what the hell. I can not do it yet but i need this alarm 4 peace of mind. So i let them install it they were nice and curtious and very patince and respectful. so i guess they get a C as a grade.

oh by the way the alarm is a crimestopper CS-2015FM informer it is a 2-way.

umm reason shops charge alot over online buying is because they have 1 really big thing called over head and another thing is not very many "on-line" places offer really good service not to mention warranty issues

hey how ul ikin the 2015 so far? im considerin few alarms myself n that one is on my short list.

pros n cons so far?

hey how ul ikin the 2015 so far? im considerin few alarms myself n that one is on my short list.
pros n cons so far?
Yo it is real nice. But i am so scared to drop the 2 way. My brother drop the other one out side and it cracked but I was able to put it back together. It is a great alarm but the remotes are not that duriable.

Actually, the biggest reason most shops won't install the equipment you bought online is because of one thing: Liability.
Yeah. The local shop will install stuff that people bring in, but they prefer not to only because if something goes wrong, they have to figure out if it is install(that would be rare, these guys do a great job) or the equipment. Ofcourse, some customers can have the attitude of "well, you screwed it up so you have to replace it" which isn't the case. If they sold the equipment and did the install, those issues won't arise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.