All aluminum subwoofer enclosure one of a kind box

my only worry would be the welds cracking from the vibration

If it flexes even the smallest bit it will get brittle and crack at the weld

Keep us posted on how it holds up

And welding aluminum is a difficult thing to master. Have to have the right settings on welder.

I'd be concerned with air leaks also. If it's not airtight, it won't be right.

How heavy is the enclosure vs. one made from wood?

It's welded? Oh that *****.
Would be better if it was machined with drilled holes and threaded for capscrews. Countersink them. Would look much cleaner too. 1/2" aluminum would be better, but prob heavier. As you cab see, I'm a CNC machinist myself.
Do you by chance have access to a laser cutter?

Do you by chance have access to a laser cutter?
Sorry, I don't. What did you have in mind?

Oh and for the record, no one is gonna believe the OP when he says they hit harder than in a reg wood enclosure. How are the rest of us gonna know, and know this guy is BS'ing?

Making a custom longboard for someone and wanted to make a really sick grip tape design but I want something more intricate than what I can do with a razor blade and patience. Grip tape is a **** to cut.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.