All 2003-2004 Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon, Denali Owners That Did The Big Three

Participant count
  • Participant list
I can measure the wires on my truck if you'd like but not sure if that'll help since you have an older body style. I would imagine it wouldn't be too different. Off the top of my head, the power wire from alternator to battery is about 2 feet, the wire from chassis to block is about 1.5 feet, and this is different but my negative battery wire goes straight to the block instead of the chassis and that's about 1-1.5 feet. I also have an OEM fuse block. Those are just estimates. Let me know if you want me to measure.

I measured the wires on my truck. It's 18" from the chassis to block, 2' from alternator to fuse block and also for battery negative to block, and 1' from battery to fuse block. You truck shouldn't be too different. Just thought I'd give you that as a guide. Good luck.

I measured the wires on my truck. It's 18" from the chassis to block, 2' from alternator to fuse block and also for battery negative to block, and 1' from battery to fuse block. You truck shouldn't be too different. Just thought I'd give you that as a guide. Good luck.
You the man D. I assume that the wire length should be similar as long as the battery is on the same side, etc... I'm not sure if it has the same engine setup as the older ones though...

Battery is on the passenger side. You should be able to find an engine diagram somewhere online. There's a Tahoe/Yukon forum. I'm sure they can answer it for you. They're very helpful on that site. I don't see it being much different if it all. I can take a few pics of my engine and post them if that helps.

engines should be pretty much the same, in this aspect. you should have the 6.0, however the battery will be on the driver side. if the jump tab, and power tap are still mounted off the bracket below the alternator on the drivers side, that, ot the alt. should be the same, and so should the ground strap to body at the back of the engine, left side. that one is pretty much universal for decades. any escalade/denali from 99-06 should be identical. it's mostly the programing and body/interior options that changed.

engines should be pretty much the same, in this aspect. you should have the 6.0, however the battery will be on the driver side. if the jump tab, and power tap are still mounted off the bracket below the alternator on the drivers side, that, ot the alt. should be the same, and so should the ground strap to body at the back of the engine, left side. that one is pretty much universal for decades. any escalade/denali from 99-06 should be identical. it's mostly the programing and body/interior options that changed.
Dope, thanks for the info! How long do you think I should cut the wires?

I only want to do this because I want to find out how much I have left over for the front to rear run. If I don't have enough, I want to order more before I get the truck because I could literally have one tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.