4 channel amplifier 1 subwoofer

What subwoofer is it? more than likely possible but how much power you get will be varied by the subwoofer.

Thanks for your prompt answer !!! I just want something discrete, to improve the sound a little and to use this two items that have been around for some time, the sub is a 10 inch pioneer, I dont't have the model on hand right now and the amp is a kenwood kac-644 (if I'm not wrong is 40 w/channel) Can you also tell me how to wire it to the sub?

Thanks , again

Dimasp28

I suggest you look into another amplifier.

The rated output on your amplifier is 16w a channel at 4 ohms, and 25w at 2 ohms.

The most efficient way to use it for a subwoofer is if its a dual 4 ohm woofer. You would then bridge two channels to run one voice coil, and the other two, to run the other.

That would give you 100w RMS power, which is the most your amplifier can provide.

If your pioneer is a single 4 ohm (or dual 2 ohm) then you can only get 50w RMS power from 2 channels. There is no way to use all 4 channels on a single voice coil.

The only readings that the sub have is M1HEN. It was installed inside a Pioneer enclosure as OEM in a Chevy Cobalt trunk that has a top end audio system with satellite radio. The sub have 2 terminals so I guess it has two voice coils. I'm right?

So with this info. what do you suggest?

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

The only readings that the sub have is M1HEN. It was installed inside a Pioneer enclosure as OEM in a Chevy Cobalt trunk that has a top end audio system with satellite radio. The sub have 2 terminals so I guess it has two voice coils. I'm right?

So with this info. what do you suggest?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.