Album Graphic on USB Playback

Participant count
  • Participant list

Curmudgeon10

CarAudio.com Newbie
This is a bit far afield from installation and troubleshooting problems. I've got an Axxera radio installed and have no complaints. On USB playback, some tracks generate a small pic of the album cover, but most do not. The files are all MPEG-4 m4a's copied from my iTunes. On my Windows PC, examining File "properties," I cannot find any difference between the files that display an album cover, and those that do not. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, In the folder that contains the music album... make sure you have included a pic of the album cover and name it Folder. To cover all bases, have a second pic and call it Album Cover. This should handle it.

Edit: Sometimes the cover are is a hidden file.

I use foobar2000 player for my music. Once the album is loaded; right click on the songs, select Tagging then Attach pictures. You'll have the choice to add the front cover, back side, disc art etc..

Yes, In the folder that contains the music album... make sure you have included a pic of the album cover and name it Folder. To cover all bases, have a second pic and call it Album Cover. This should handle it.

Edit: Sometimes the cover are is a hidden file.
So what I copied from iTunes came from a playlist and consisted of all individual tracks; those tracks are on the USB stick as individual files. There are no folders on the stick. In iTunes, all tracks are in folders, and all folders (albums) have artwork. Of course, not all that music came from ripped or purchased complete albums, but I created folders and artwork to house those that didn't. In the sample I just noted on the car radio, the track I imported to iTunes with a created album/folder name, and artwork I grabbed from the internet -- it showed up on the radio display. Another track, from a purchased and ripped album, did not show artwork. Go figure!!

I use foobar2000 player for my music. Once the album is loaded; right click on the songs, select Tagging then Attach pictures. You'll have the choice to add the front cover, back side, disc art etc..
OK, thanks, I may give that a try if I can't figure out what is going with iTunes. I'm pretty heavily invested with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.