Alarm question ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Calif
Any alarm guys here ? It's pretty basic but I have a viper 3305 that I installed in my 96 gmc 1500 and everything is working fine and I want to add pin switches to my tool box and I am not sure which wire on the alarm to hook them too ? Also I hooked my door pin switches to blue input wire and seems to be working fine but I think I was supposed to hook them to green input wire ??? What is the difference between green and blue - neg trigger

b7ebee3410f2d1264e2cb164e230eee8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but I get which wires to use in the truck just not positive on which to use on alarm ? And if green and blue are both negative trigger inputs what is the need for two ? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a chance to work on alarm today and in case anyone ever wants to know the green and blue are both - input but blue sounds alarm instantly and green has 3 or 4 chirps first and then alarm. I couldnt tell you why it does that but thats all I could figure out.

Just got a chance to work on alarm today and in case anyone ever wants to know the green and blue are both - input but blue sounds alarm instantly and green has 3 or 4 chirps first and then alarm. I couldnt tell you why it does that but thats all I could figure out.
Not sure why they do that either, but it's somewhat common. AFAIK one of the purposes of different "zones" is when the alarm is tripped you can see which zone was triggered by a series of flashing lights when you disarm.

For practical purposes you could do all your - trigger pin switches to one "zone" and it would do the same thing.

Not sure why they do that either, but it's somewhat common. AFAIK one of the purposes of different "zones" is when the alarm is tripped you can see which zone was triggered by a series of flashing lights when you disarm.
For practical purposes you could do all your - trigger pin switches to one "zone" and it would do the same thing.
Ya I was thinking the same thing as far as the zones go and I did wire all pins to same zone but its the one that chirps first so I am going back in and switch to the other one.

Ya I was thinking the same thing as far as the zones go and I did wire all pins to same zone but its the one that chirps first so I am going back in and switch to the other one.
The only thing that half makes sense for chirping first is the radar sensors. Possibly if the vehicle has dome lights that come on when you try the door handle but even then does the dome light go off before the 3-4 seconds?

A good alarm will have lots of options you won't need in most installs anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.