Alarm installers... a question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

JalopyDevil

So I bought a super low mileage 97 GMC Sierra 1-ton dually crew cab. The truck is absolutely mint, but the power door locks and the stereo seem to have issues... Here they are:

1. Power door locks don't function. From the drivers side, the switch will lock and then quickly unlock the the drivers side door if you press the lock button. From the passenger side, all you really get is a clicking sound. The truck did not come with remote door locks.

2. The stereo actually works fine, but the clock resets everytime you turn the ignition off.

Now, there are signs that there was once an alarm on this truck. There is a siren under the hood, an led on the dash, and a mini switch under the dash... all have cut wires.

I'm guessing the previous owner had his alarm taken out and thats when the damage was done. Is there anything specifically I should look for to fix the issue?

Aftermarket or factory doorlocks? I'd look in the driver door boot for a light blue wire(lock) and white(unlock).... and make sure tehy are ok. Kinda sounds like a bad switch to me though.

As for the radio, the 12v constant wire isn't working...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.