Turning the center console into a cooler/heater?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AltarCrystal
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Alright, well, I threw this idea around today while I was enjoying my lunch (Those amish make **** good food). M y center condole is pretty much just holind random tools and receipts, so I can do without that storage space. Now, I like to drive a LOT (As in, hours on end any time I have free time) and in turn, I like to have drinks with me. But, I"m tird of them getting warm/cold because I take my time on them. So, would this work?

I insulate it, and run a duct from my AC/Heating ducts, and run it into there. I need a way to find out how to have it run if I want JUST the cooler/heater running, but as I like the top vents for AC and the bottom vents for heat, I'm still in a pickle.

I know this won't keep drinks ice cold or steaming hot, but enough to keep it at a comterable tempature.

Hm, alright. Guess it would be more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'll have a power inverter in my car already, huh?

yeah...but you dont even need the inverter.... most are 12v for camping and outdoor situations like you would use a cooler in...i guess you could try to build a custom center console around the guts of one... that could be cool as long as it was insulated properly... you could even set an alarm to auto start if power got too low on the battery to maintain a charge....

yeah...but you dont even need the inverter.... most are 12v for camping and outdoor situations like you would use a cooler in...i guess you could try to build a custom center console around the guts of one... that could be cool as long as it was insulated properly... you could even set an alarm to auto start if power got too low on the battery to maintain a charge....
Well, I'll actually already have the power inverte (For my hard drive) so either way, I'm set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.