AIWA HU problem... with front right speaker...

Participant count
  • Participant list

LimPerT
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif I recently installed an AIWA cd player and all the speakers work but the front right speaker... The head unit has bars that go up and down to the music on the display and only the left one goes up and down. I have a nissan sentra se-R and i have components in the front. Do you think i could probably replace the 6.5s and not the component tweeters and it would probably work fine if you match impedance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

could it possibly be the head unit? my back right speaker works and i know everything is hooked up correctly cause i checked it like a million times

Have you checked the connections at the H/U and the speaker ?

if you can, take a 9v or similar ( not 1.5v) to the leads on teh H/U for that channel. touch the + to the + wire and the - to the -. You should hear a pop noise. If you dont, then its the speaker. If you do , its the H/U

"The head unit has bars that go up and down to the music on the display and only the left one goes up and down."

Thats normal, the right side is for your EQ setting display and the left is a....umm, ****... I forget what you call it, its been a long day.

Anyways don't worry about it, it's supposed to be like that.

As for the dead channel, a shorted wire or a damaged voice coil is where I would put my money.

well i took apart the door today and the stock speakers look like theyr ****... so im going to buy some new 6.5s and just replace em and hope it works...

today i took the stock out and checked it with a 9v battery and its not blown. Im starting to wonder if it's my head unit not putting out the signal for the front right speaker. Could it be the component maybe too? I tested the head unit when i installed it and there was steady wattage coming out of the front right lead but i may have tested it incorrectly.

alright im bringing this thread back to life with what it really was that was making my front right speaker not work...

i replaced the stock speakers just for the hell of it and the left one sounded great but the right one was still not working.

So i figured it was either the wiring in the door or the head unit.

I then wired the left channel wires to the right channel to see if the wiring of the speaker was alright. turns out the right speaker and component works like a charm.

So that left me to believe it was the head unit... i bought it at walmart (believe it or not) so that i COULD return it like i did. So i installed the new one but kept the old wiring harness for the head unit cause i was lazy...... It still didnt work so i installed a new wiring harness and thats what it was the whole time

A FUGGIN WIRING HARNESS... AINT THAT SOME SHIZZLE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.