Air Chamber question

Hello so ive almost got everything planned for the build. The last thing I need is a box design. Im running two sundown zv12 d2s on two crescendo bc3500 and the box will be tuned to 30 hz. Each sub will have their own amp and will be wired down to 1 ohm. I will be gain matching them. My question is is can I put them in a common air chamber or do I need to put them in a dual chambered box? Ive seen some people run 1 amp per woofer in a common chambered box but other people say its bad for the subs because of bass cancellation and slightly different signals coming from each amp. (I also know the risk if one sub blows in a common air chamber the other will most likely follow). Other than that risk, What should I do and why? Also do dual chamber sound any different in dbs or sq compaired to a common chamber? And whichever design is best should I go with a kerfed slot port or aeroports and why? Sorry about the length I searched the forum and couldnt find a question similar enough to mine.. Any information or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ps. I will not be building the box. But I just wanna get everything on paper before I get it built if that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgaff45']Hello so ive almost got everything planned for the build. The last thing I need is a box design. Im running two sundown zv12 on two crescendo bc3500 and the box will be tuned to 30 hz. Each sub will have their own amp and will be wired down to 1 ohm. I will be gain matching them. My question is is can I put them in a common air chamber or do I need to put them in a dual chambered box? Ive seen some people run 1 amp per woofer in a common chambered box but other people say its bad for the subs because of bass cancellation and slightly different signals coming from each amp. (I also know the risk if one sub blows in a common air chamber the other will most likely follow). Other than that risk, What should I do and why? Also do dual chamber sound any different in dbs or sq compaired to a common chamber? And whichever design is best should I go with a kerfed slot port or aeroports and why? Sorry about the length I searched the forum and couldnt find a question similar enough to mine.. Any information or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ps. I will not be building the box. But I just wanna get everything on paper before I get it built if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]
here allow me to help u calling @Jeffdachef or @Boomin_tahoe or popwar this i for u..

Series those 1 ohm subs to get to 2 ohms then strap the amps... same power and only 1 gain, SSF, and lowpass to adjust... amps still will see 1 ohm each...

for pure loading purposes a center chambered port is better than a Slot L port in the first place when you run two subs. That equates to dbs directly. So yes do a centered ported box.
So aero port? in the center? And what about dual chambered or same chamber?

They are dual 2 ohm. Sorry to have left that out
Perfect!.. OK wire the subs to 1 ohm each (parallel)... then wire them in series to attain a 2 ohm load... then strap the amps at 2 ohms... Perfect!

They are dual 2 ohm. Sorry to have left that out
So present a 2ohm final load and strap the amps. That will have both amps at 1ohm and no need for any gain matching. One amp acts as the master, and the other is its little b*tch.

So present a 2ohm final load and strap the amps. That will have both amps at 1ohm and no need for any gain matching. One amp acts as the master, and the other is its little b*tch.
Okay i get it now. Had to look up a picture of the wiring diagram. So basically both amps act as one putting out one ohm power to the subs wired at 2 ohms. And then in the same chamber or dual chamber

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.