aim subs into car cab or aim them into the trunk?

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
I am trying to decide which would be better aiming them into the cab of the car or toward the back of the trunk. I was thinking about aiming them into the car so I could buil an amp rack on the back of it to house all my amps, etc and still save room for golf clubs.

Logikalliquid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoVA
theres really not much other people can say beside test it out and see what you hear. i spent a bout an hour situating my sub different ways. my car didnt make much of a difference(no fold down seat) so i chose to have it facing the trunk for cosmetics.

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
ya just try it a few ways and see what you like. i pointed mine into the car because there was too many rattles when they were rear facing. but my car is a crappy old taurus without a fold down seat, so i just ripped it out, and am in the process of making the seat into a folding seat( I can weld. )

Bavarian3
10+ year member

Ownz joo
Nor*Cal
ya just try it a few ways and see what you like. i pointed mine into the car because there was too many rattles when they were rear facing. but my car is a crappy old taurus without a fold down seat, so i just ripped it out, and am in the process of making the seat into a folding seat( I can weld. )
sounds pretty kool that ur making ur own fold down seat. i plan on firing my magnum d2 into teh cabin of my car. we'll see how it sounds vs out the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.