Agm battery question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello guys,

I have simple question to ask. Hope i get a simple yet well explained answer from the experts.

Where i live i can not buy xs power or kinetic etc. So im limited to other makes.

What are the pros and cons of having 2 agm batteries of 200ah each?(apart from weight)

What are the pros and cons of multiple smaller agm batteries of lets say 70ah each?

Buying 2 x 200ah batteries is cheaper than buying 5 x 70ah batteries.

Look forward to any info and help.

Oh and one more question.

What are the things i have to look for in agm batteries?

Some batteries say 1600cycles. Some say 800cycles. Some are 3000amps

Etc etc.

More smaller batts will be would be better but not noticeable in a daily

Application.like 5 smaller batts that equal 200ah Vs 2 batts 200ah. But as long as your not chasing .1db two big batts would be fine. U don't need Xs power and kinetic, Duracell,energizer,deka AGM batts all will do just fine. If you can get an HO alt. Rather make power then store it. Look for pure virgin lead, weight is good indication of how much lead is in the batt and how good it's gunna be. Say a g31 from one company weights 63lbs V's another company's g31 at 76lbs...pick The 76lb one all day

55 ah per 1000 watts. Kinetik batts aren't meant for under the hood. The cases are thinner and suseptble to heat also kinetik doesn't use virgin lead like most better agm companies do as far as many small ones compared to 2 large ones. The main factor is less connectors to connect them together means less resistance. Which means you should get more power from your amp

Thnx for the reply guys.

Im just starting to build my system. And its just going to be a nice daily groundpounder.

2xAA mayhem 18s

2x esx signum 7000d (3500rms each)

The 200ah batts im looking at weigh 70kg each. So thought 2 of them should be plenty.

H/O alt is my next purchase after batts.

I have a 180 alt at the moment.

Trojan batteries are from what hear one of the best available. But they do come at a price (still cheaper than xs)

If i understand your replies correct, i should be fine with 2 batteries of 200ah each.

But there are alot of abreveations im not familiar with and not sure as what to look at.

Cca

A

Cyclis

Etc.

Thanks again for the input so far.

More smaller batts will be would be better but not noticeable in a dailyApplication.like 5 smaller batts that equal 200ah Vs 2 batts 200ah. But as long as your not chasing .1db two big batts would be fine. U don't need Xs power and kinetic, Duracell,energizer,deka AGM batts all will do just fine. If you can get an HO alt. Rather make power then store it. Look for pure virgin lead, weight is good indication of how much lead is in the batt and how good it's gunna be. Say a g31 from one company weights 63lbs V's another company's g31 at 76lbs...pick The 76lb one all day
Are solar 12v agm deep cycle batteries useable in car audio?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.