Aftermarket amp install questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Saxxon

CarAudio.com Newbie
I won’t lie, I’ve posted this in two separate forums and never got a reply. Forgive me if this has been asked. Searching I was unable to find specific information. This will be my first attempt at installing myself so I want to be a little prepared. Right now I only want to add the mono amp and sub and later down the road I plan to install a new amp and speakers to replace the Bose items.

2017 Chevy Bolt with Bose
Rockford Fosgate X250X1 Mono Amp
Rockford Fosgate P1S2-10 Subwoofer

I’m attaching a picture of the wiring diagram that goes into the Bose amp.

1. Do I splice into the wires before or after the Bose amp to get signal to my Rockford R250X1 mono amp?

2. Should I splice into and use the high level input on the amp using a Molex connector or splice using RCA cables to plug into the RCA inputs?

3. Which wires should I splice into to get the best signal (front/back?)

4. Do I need to use a low level converter?

thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 1D808D17-6279-471C-AAED-4AE2F2AAA1CB.jpeg
    1D808D17-6279-471C-AAED-4AE2F2AAA1CB.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 63
Splice before Bose amp, front channels. This way you get a full signal and let the amp do the filtering. Also you will have the full signal for when you add the full range amp. Use an DSP LOC. It will clean the signal better than the amp's built in High Input.
Screenshot_20210429-145559.png

Thank you so much for the reply. If Only for the meantime to save some money could I use a cheaper loc just to get the amp and sub up and running then purchase the dsp when I’m more prepared for the full system overhaul? Would the recommended pre Bose amp front wires still be the recommended wires? Ie one of those cheap kicker loc’s. It’s a new to me car and my shopping list is super long. Would like to get the amp and sub going then work on other things like tint, seat covers, floor mats (live in a rainforest) and wheels and tires before coming back to the stereo.

Would like to get the amp and sub going
Late reply, I did not get a notification. It would not hurt to try a passive LOC temporarily. It may work good for all we know, best bet is to try it. You can also use the rear channels for a signal source, they should be playing a full range signal. All pre amp of course. I cannot even begin to imagine how living in a forest is like. Spooky is the first thing to pop on my mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...