Aeroport box for two Rockford fosgate p3s rated at 600 watts each

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
RF says to give them 1.8 cubes each as their Max recommended ported dimensions and that just sounds so small to me using aeroports I could do one 6-in port or three four inch ports and get around the right amount of Port area for that setup.
If I went a little bigger I could do 2.25 cubes net each and go with a single 8-in port.

My buddy is putting it in a 2006 Toyota Highlander so I'm thinking about doing him a box with subs up and Port back as that generally sounds best in box back SUVs from what I've seen.
He likes rap so I'm doing him a ported box with aeros and I can't help but think a little more than 1.8 cubes per 12 would be better with a bigger port to help it breathe better as he's looking to get more output in a narrower bandwidth say 30 to 60 HZ.
Anybody with experience with these that can help me out would be greatly appreciated.

If he has a bunch of room and only wants a narrow bandwidth, you could try a 4th or 6th order bandpass. 6th's are easier to tune for lows because you can actually tune a port on the rear chamber. Just a thought, they are big enclosures.

If he has a bunch of room and only wants a narrow bandwidth, you could try a 4th or 6th order bandpass. 6th's are easier to tune for lows because you can actually tune a port on the rear chamber. Just a thought, they are big enclosures.
That's definitely a good idea and I bet that would be the most SPL from 30 to 60 but he wanted to have a little room left over back there. A fourth order would probably be what about 7 to 9 cubes total? if I did 2.25 cubes each ported then that would be four and a half cubes net which might leave him a little more space. He wants it to boom for a rap but he also likes other kinds of music as well and he just told me he doesn't want to spend too much on his mids so I might just do a ported enclosure that's good up to about 80 Hertz.
It's hard for me to believe that those two 12s would do better in 3.6 cubes net than 4.5 cubes net.
3.6 cubes for 212s playing rap just doesn't add up to me even if it's what RF recommends they're probably just saying that so customers will be like hey I can fit those in my car bro!
you think the ported set up would sound better at four and a half cubes net with a 8 in Port tuned to about 35 or 36 HZ? That would be an easy build and still cover other types of music as well.

That's definitely a good idea and I bet that would be the most SPL from 30 to 60 but he wanted to have a little room left over back there. A fourth order would probably be what about 7 to 9 cubes total? if I did 2.25 cubes each ported then that would be four and a half cubes net which might leave him a little more space. He wants it to boom for a rap but he also likes other kinds of music as well and he just told me he doesn't want to spend too much on his mids so I might just do a ported enclosure that's good up to about 80 Hertz.
It's hard for me to believe that those two 12s would do better in 3.6 cubes net than 4.5 cubes net.
3.6 cubes for 212s playing rap just doesn't add up to me even if it's what RF recommends they're probably just saying that so customers will be like hey I can fit those in my car bro!
you think the ported set up would sound better at four and a half cubes net with a 8 in Port tuned to about 35 or 36 HZ? That would be an easy build and still cover other types of music as well.

I used to kind of think like that more. Sometimes it's true. A good example of small box woofers that work well is DC's. A lot of their 12's want only 1.5 cubes, and they do well in that airspace. I just did a series 6th order for one that played 23-65 hz or so.

I have the P3 10 in their recommended box of 1.4 cf but with a slot port tuned to 32hz. It slams.

With their outside dimensions I don't see how they fit the round ports they recommend.

They don't give much info on the t/s, I looked. Those subs have a low Fs and a high Vas which may mean that they're soft. The Qts isn't as high as I though it could be. You could try 2 cubes, if you wanted. I would tune 32-36 hz, based on what you've told me. They do look like they might work well in a 4th order though.

They don't give much info on the t/s, I looked. Those subs have a low Fs and a high Vas which may mean that they're soft. The Qts isn't as high as I though it could be. You could try 2 cubes, if you wanted. I would tune 32-36 hz, based on what you've told me. They do look like they might work well in a 4th order though.
I almost went with those DCs that need less airspace because I have limited space to work with in my own build but decided to get the xbl motors of the sql's instead and they were a little bit lighter.
I can do a four cubic feet box tuned to 35 Hertz with three 4-in aero ports and it could save him space and work right in with that recommendation. Looks like that will work just fine to me and he'd be happy with the space.

I used to kind of think like that more. Sometimes it's true. A good example of small box woofers that work well is DC's. A lot of their 12's want only 1.5 cubes, and they do well in that airspace. I just did a series 6th order for one that played 23-65 hz or so.
A six order hammering at 23 HZ hell yeah man!

I almost went with those DCs that need less airspace because I have limited space to work with in my own build but decided to get the xbl motors of the sql's instead and they were a little bit lighter.
I can do a four cubic feet box tuned to 35 Hertz with three 4-in aero ports and it could save him space and work right in with that recommendation. Looks like that will work just fine to me and he'd be happy with the space.

Just do a slot.

Just do a slot.
Yeah I can see a slot working better as it has less air flow resistance with one big port instead of three smaller ones and be less work. I could fire it to the passenger corner so it would hit the driver's side the hardest. Just got a new router so I can edge all the corners and curve everything nice and smooth.

RF says to give them 1.8 cubes each as their Max recommended ported dimensions and that just sounds so small to me using aeroports I could do one 6-in port or three four inch ports and get around the right amount of Port area for that setup.
If I went a little bigger I could do 2.25 cubes net each and go with a single 8-in port.

My buddy is putting it in a 2006 Toyota Highlander so I'm thinking about doing him a box with subs up and Port back as that generally sounds best in box back SUVs from what I've seen.
He likes rap so I'm doing him a ported box with aeros and I can't help but think a little more than 1.8 cubes per 12 would be better with a bigger port to help it breathe better as he's looking to get more output in a narrower bandwidth say 30 to 60 HZ.
Anybody with experience with these that can help me out would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20210209-221500_Samsung Internet.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.