Aeroport Box Build For 10"s

Participant count
  • Participant list
Heres my most recent box build i thought id post for round port noobs (like myself) so maybe itll help you guys in some way.

Aeroport box for 2 MA audio xl 10"s, 3 cubes gross tuned to 38-40 hz. Already got the box almost finished the next step is cutting out the port diameter holes and putting those in.

To support the ports im using a small piece of 1" mdf along the bottom of the box, liquid nails around it at the cutout inside, and then 2 3/4" pieces between the 2 ports. Then im gonna carpet it, not sure what color as i gotta wait for the customer to call me back.

The ports are 3" and 7.5" long, according to PSP that will get me around 38hz. Im using titebond 2 premium (ftw) and 1 1/4 drywall screws to build the box. I usually put 2 screws in each panel just for some security, however the titebond is strong as ****. Heres the pics i got so far, will update as i do more work on it.

The wood cut, labeled, and laid out :

oapxzs.jpg

Marking up the front baffle :

1zq8u2c.jpg

Halfway done :

1pwcvo.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.