Aero Port Help... 2 6"s or 1 8"

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
i got my 4th order box in now(still gota wall & seal it off). its killin lows from 32hz-37hz with it sitting as is. i was able to hair trick soon is we got it in. im ready to hear it when im done with it. ive never really had a system that i could play lows with. it always came out peaking high, but this gets pretty low, i played a couple of 25hz tones & songs and it sounded nice as well. so i would like to keep my tune low if possible just dont know how to tune low i guess since all mine tunes come out peaking 50+hz......

but heres what it looks like right now lmao. looks like shiz right now with the square port(sounds way better then it looks. but im going to be changing it to 2 6"s or 1 8" aero just needing some opinions on the 6's or the 1 8" and how to keep the tune low... i know its hard to find 8" aeros, or if a 10" is not to big theres a guy in my city who can make me a 10" aeros. so i need some help pls..... thanks in advance.......

Start of 4th order wall - CarAudio.com Rides Gallery

In my personal experience, it is very hard to get multiple ports to sound like a single port. I say do single all day, even if you have to fabricate it.
yea i know the less ports will be more efficient. the square port is 9" or 10". that port is only a temp port. i mean i know the 2 6"s will be better then the current square one just because the square is a piece of crap. like i said i can get a 10" aero made. just looking for some opinions for which i should go with and how to tune it low

yea i know the less ports will be more efficient. the square port is 9" or 10". that port is only a temp port. i mean i know the 2 6"s will be better then the current square one just because the square is a piece of crap. like i said i can get a 10" aero made. just looking for some opinions for which i should go with and how to tune it low
Unless youre planning to get on the meter, a heavily rounded square port isnt a bad way to go. But shoot you answered your own question: Get the 10 inch aero!

Unless youre planning to get on the meter, a heavily rounded square port isnt a bad way to go. But shoot you answered your own question: Get the 10 inch aero!
lol... i will be getting on a TL. but a 10" wont be to big for a single 18?

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

bump for input.......

No its not, as long as the box is large enogh to tune it properly. In a bandpass box, you dont want to try to tune the main port too low anyways. I would put aeros on the front and back of that port also.

No its not, as long as the box is large enogh to tune it properly. In a bandpass box, you dont want to try to tune the main port too low anyways. I would put aeros on the front and back of that port also.
yea im def gonna make sure both ends are flare. even if i have to flare it my self lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.