Wall weight?

The biggest killer is the weight of amp(s) and batteries in the trunk. Assuming you rely on mostly bracing for strength most of your weight will be the baffle + subs so the extra weight in the box is pretty well centered. If you use Brazilian amp and Lithium it should be no worse than a couple fat chicks.

I walled a saturn that i drove daily. That car was like 105hp

Id definately use birch tho (pine is a lightweight alternative also).

Subs and battery selection will be a main contributor of weight

I daily drove my 2010 focus for years walled. No problem. Sanded pine though. I refuse to use MDF.

Lithium is the way to go with batteries now a days. Huge weight savings.

lithium isnt cheap by any means but for new batteries you can get roughly 10kw of battery power reserve for $1500.

if you look at getting 5 g31's youre at around $1000 plus 100+lbs in just batteries.

i dont daily drive my walled blazer but i do try to drive it once a week to keep the batts charged and keep the truck running though it is on its last leg anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Xtreme was nice and affordable...until someone opened a case today and it was full of spray foam and outdated cells
19417508_1937913136234096_1516261459135072754_o.jpg

yupp

Xtreme was nice and affordable...until someone opened a case today and it was full of spray foam and outdated cells
werent even cells.. They were 18650 batteries which are meant for flashlights and some dslrs. They cost a 1 dollar per batt so that dude is making a killing..

Chris Miller, scam artist ....lmao ... finally is banned from MECA .....

YES, you can wall a daily, if weight is an issue, you will need to do as already been outlined for you. Birch enclosure, Lithium battery, Neo subs, ect ... the more forward of the rear axle you can keep the majority of the weight, the better also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.