Advice with LC2i, amp, and sub install in 2013 F150

ajb1205

Canada
I am looking for some advice as I have been out of the aftermarket audio scene for many, many years.

I have a 2013 F150 Screw with the wonderful Sony system. I have to keep my e pick HU as it has nav, heated and cooler seat contols, etc.

Thus far I have replaced all the stock speakers with Rockford Fosgate Punch series. I am now moving on to the sub and amp. Here is where I need a little help.

I have already ordered a Audiocontrol LC2i and will remove the stock sub and replace it with a RF 10" shallow mount Punch. I will build my own box rather than buying a generic one.

I originally was going to purchase a mono block and call it good enough. However, I am seriously leaning towards a 5 channel amp to power everything. How much of a chore is that going to be seeing that my stock system is already powered by a factory amp? Is it really worth the $$$ and hassle? I will be doing everything myself. Please keep in mind I am not wanting advice on brands, speaker placement, etc. I am more concerned about (1) $$$ vs. reward, (2) can it be done by someone very inexperienced, (3) would like to be able to remove and return to stock with as little problem as possible.

Thanks for the help and advice...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Check out f150forum.com. They have a ton of threads started by guys who have gone through similar processes. Their experience may shed some light on difficulty of install.

I have thrown around the idea of a 5 channel amp but am having a hard time trying to figure out what is good and what isn't. I'd like to keep.it as budget friendly as possible. That is the main reason why I was looking at just a mono amp for now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.