Advice on new stereo for WRX

Participant count
  • Participant list

White02wrx

I own an 02 WRX wagon. I plan on doing a new stereo, and was wondering what you guys though of it/ advice on what I could get that is better for my budget. Im wanted to spend somewhere between 1000-1400. I also would like to keep most of the equipment hidden. I plan on doing a fiberglass box just above the spear tire. with about 1 qf. of air. As far as subs go I cant have a sub with a high Xmax b/c of it hiding under the floor board that hides the spare. And I would like an amp that has a Remote bass control b/c I have a wife that get migraines and need to be able to turn off the base if need.

Alpine CDE-147BT 179.99

B-quiet extreme 50 sq. ft. 89.99

RaamAudio Ensolite IUO 19.96 a yard ~ 4 yards for floor and Back hatch.

Morel Maximo’s 6.5 components 185

Amp JL Audio XD500/3 or (260)

Polk Audio PA D5000.5 or (290)

Alpine MRX-V70 (330)

Earthquake Sound DBXI-10D 128.95

total come to about ~ 925-1005

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad ,still need the wiring harness , dash kit and amp wires could be another $100 bucks or so .could go with 2 vfl 8's ,ph 5100 fr amp same deck components are fine .might get a bit better output as well

The ph 5100 looks like a great amp it just doesnt have the Remote bass control that im looking for.
if you went with the vfl line 2680 and the 150.4 you'll have the bass knob better amps to .or you can use a inline bass knob ,even better with the ph 5100 fr

The ph 5100 looks like a great amp it just doesnt have the Remote bass control that im looking for.
if you went with the vfl line 2680 and the 150.4 you'll have the bass knob better amps to .or you can use a inline bass knob ,even better with the ph 5100 fr

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.