Advice on 6.5" door speakers CDT ID and PG

Participant count
  • Participant list

rockeyja4

Hey guys, I'm new to car audio (please excuse any n00bness) and I was looking for some advice on some door speakers. I already have a head unit and sub, and my car is a 2007 audi a4. I'm unfamiliar with most of the brands talked about on this forum, as I am only used to seeing the mainstream products (Alpine, JL, Infiniti, Pioneer, etc.). I understand that with most of these brands you pay for name not for quality, but I saw a lot of good things being said about CTD, Image Dynamics, and Phoenix Gold all over this site. I am unfamiliar with these brands' products and was hoping I was on the right track in therms of quality with this short list... In terms of 6.5" speakers, I am comparing the CDT CL61i ($200) , the PG RSD65-cs ($90), and the ID CTX65cs ($190). Of course, I am open to suggestions other than these speakers. I'm looking for a full mid-bass and great overall sound quality for around $200 a set. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

The Eclipse 3 way setup sounds great also but you have to reverse phase on the mids or turn it down on your deck as they are bright

From the reviews Ive read on CDT aside from this forum, CDT is not that great and most people wouldnt pay asking price for them.

Now ID on the other hand is a great option as is the Eclipse SC8365 which is the 3-way 6.5" component set. I have the SC6500's which are the two way. I just got them installed on Tuesday so I havent had much time with them, but so far my favorite components hands down. I have a set of these for sale brand new out of box.

The 8365's can be had for $150:

ECLIPSE SC8365 6.5" 600W Component Car Speakers 6-1/2" - eBay (item 360309947139 end time Nov-12-10 17:38:12 PST)

I have been impressed with the ID stuff as of late. I have tried out a ton of CDT stuff. I still have some installed in the wife's SUV. Not a bad speaker they just over price them. If you can get a great deal or deep discount over retail on the CDT stuff it is pretty appealing.

I would pick the new ID stuff over the CDT stuff though.

Thanks for the advice and info guys, I pulled the trigger on the ID's and also got the new Alpine F4 amp. Now as far as installation goes, I will be getting them installed professionally, but I know that this is a very important step that needs to be done right. I'm looking into installers with good reviews in my area but is there anything specific I should go over with the installer first to make sure they're going to do a good job? (Dynamat etc.?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.