Advice needed

hyde81

Hi guys,

Planning to upgrade my IS250 stock non ML audio.

I have a Mosconi AS100.4 and set on adding Focal KRX2. Will also add a processor which i yet to decide. Due to budget constraint, in a dilemma whether to

1. go passive and bridge the other 2 channel for a sub (low end)

2. go active for now and add a sub (ultimo or IDQ) with mono amp at a later stage.

Will it sound imcomplete without a sub?

I'm more into SQ than SPL.

Hi guys,

I have a Mosconi AS100.4 and set on adding Focal KRX2. Will also add a processor which i yet to decide. Due to budget constraint, in a dilemma whether to

2. go active for now and add a sub (ultimo or IDQ) with mono amp at a later stage.

Are you gonna replace to aftermarket headunit or keep your stock? Passive can sound good and is the easy route if you you're too lazy or don't have the money for a processor yet. If you're a little more serious about SQ, then active would be your best bet. That's only if you're a sound hobbyist and like tweaking things. Since you're getting SQ oriented equipment, you wanna get the most out of them by going active. Here's a list of processors that are worth looking at: JBL MS-8, Rockford 360.3, Audison Bitone, Alpine PXA-H800 (requires RUX-C800 to use with stock radio) Very pricey stuff so you better start saving up.. For now just run the speakers passive to get a feel for them.. and go active when you're able to get a processor. If you're gonna replace the headunit though, look at the Pioneer 80PRS as that has a built in DSP as well. I feel it'll be incomplete without a sub yes. Get whatever you can afford or save up for the good stuff..

Are you gonna replace to aftermarket headunit or keep your stock? Passive can sound good and is the easy route if you you're too lazy or don't have the money for a processor yet. If you're a little more serious about SQ, then active would be your best bet. That's only if you're a sound hobbyist and like tweaking things. Since you're getting SQ oriented equipment, you wanna get the most out of them by going active. Here's a list of processors that are worth looking at: JBL MS-8, Rockford 360.3, Audison Bitone, Alpine PXA-H800 (requires RUX-C800 to use with stock radio) Very pricey stuff so you better start saving up.. For now just run the speakers passive to get a feel for them.. and go active when you're able to get a processor. If you're gonna replace the headunit though, look at the Pioneer 80PRS as that has a built in DSP as well. I feel it'll be incomplete without a sub yes. Get whatever you can afford or save up for the good stuff..
I will go active with a processor and without sub for a start. Was given a choice of JBL MS-8, Bit one and Helix DSP. All 3 are at similar price. Which would be a better choice?

Total noob at audio tuning and don't think i will meddle with my installer tuning.

The JBL will do everything itself but gives you limited manual adjustment. The others give you full control but you need a RTA to tune them right.
Tuning with RTA should cost more then. Looks like i will leave it to the installer to decide which processor he is comfortable with.

well i see two different routes.

for me, i listen to alot of EDM music so life without bass is simply not acceptable.

on the other hand. I was raised on the basis that if your going to do something. Do it right. Spend your money on your frontstage, get that sounding bada$$ and then work on your substage.

When SQ comes to mind, Front stage is more important then substage, If you are not doing it yourself then its a good idea to get the one the installer will do a good job of tuning with. Get everything tuned in first then build up resources to develop the sub stage which requires considerably less tuning.

hi guys, decided to further fund this newfound hobby:D

picked up a used 8" Ultimo and will be powering it with AS200.2

just waiting for Jan 15 to drop car at installer

Hi guys,

Do 2

Get a helix dsp (basic)

Do 1

If you cant fit a helix into your budget at this time

Do 2Get a helix dsp (basic)

Do 1

If you cant fit a helix into your budget at this time
Already factor in the DSP. Setup as below

1. Helix DSP

2. Mosconi AS100.4

3.Focal KRX2

4.Mosconi AS200.2

5. Morel Ultimo 804

6.Tchernov RCA and audio cable

hope it turns out good;)

Already factor in the DSP. Setup as below
1. Helix DSP

2. Mosconi AS100.4

3.Focal KRX2

4.Mosconi AS200.2

5. Morel Ultimo 804

6.Tchernov RCA and audio cable

hope it turns out good;)
Are you using the stock deck?

Anyways, you have some great gear. Take your time and do the install properly, should sound great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Using stock deck. However installation will be done by audio shop as i'm total noob at it. Choice of gear was after doing some research here and what is available in local audio market

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.