Advice needed on new head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
PA
Howdy all. Looking for a 2dinn touchscreen, and had a few questions.

1) is the "gps integrated" head units worth the extra $300-400? - Im assuming android auto does the same from my phone. Am i missing something here or is these gps units a dying breed?

2) Capacitive vs Resistive? i know the capacitive is superior, but is it really worth the $$ upgrade for a car?

3) 4v pre output.. does it really matter? 2v out and proper gain adjustment is the same??

Things i prefer:

1) no motorized/ detachable face ****

2) sd card over thumb drive ( i know thats not happening)

3) i will need to keep steering wheel controls (ill buy the idatalink later)

Any recommendations around the $600 range?

Was looking at the Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX, but also a couple alpine units. such as the ILX-207SXM

If you would recommend me something with wireless AO, or your opinions on the couple ive looked at would be great.

Last edited:
i have a couple audio shops not very close to me, but they are too pushy on there **** imo. wanna sell my anything i can carry out like im a simpleton lol.
that said, thats why im asking here. looking for advice, and user feedback for recommendations.

Im only running a 4ch amp(not active), and a sub amp.

I prefer single dins so pioneers year over year fit my needs. strong 4v preout; network capable and good eq (new ones go to 31 with the app) at a good value$

thought about goin double din and played with that pioneer 4500 unit and really liked it. User friendliness was solid.

I prefer single dins so pioneers year over year fit my needs. strong 4v preout; network capable and good eq (new ones go to 31 with the app) at a good value$

thought about goin double din and played with that pioneer 4500 unit and really liked it. User friendliness was solid.

Thanks for the reply. Ive been eyeing the 4500 tbh.. hence why i asked a few questions in the first post, to ensure im not throwing cash away

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.