Advice needed on a 1 ohm 1000w amp for around $200-$250..Pioneer GM-D9601 ?

I have a Rockford Fosgate P3L2x12 sub box with 2 P3 12" subs wired into a single 1ohm load..not my first choice in subs but it was given to me as a gift and its new so im gonna use it..Anyway Its rated at 1000w rms 2000w max..Im looking to throw as close to the 1000w rms at it as I can for cheap as possible..so I need a 1ohm stable amp, im looking at the Pioneer GM-D9601 rated at 1200w rms..How ever I have no clue what kind of power it will actually make in the real world but I can get one new for $180 shipped to my door..Im not against buying and using a used amp though either and im open to all input, thoughts, and suggestions you guys might have on what amp would be best to use..I how ever do NOT want to spend more the $250 on the amp...so what amp do you think I should look into getting? Thanks...Joe Hodges

Thanks for the quick replies..I knew there had to be a better option then the Pioneer..lol..Im diggin the Sundown out of the suggestions above..Anyone have any idea about the actual rms of the SAE-1200Dv2 in a real world 12volt situation? Thanks..going to research it a little more..

Thanks for the quick replies..I knew there had to be a better option then the Pioneer..lol..Im diggin the Sundown out of the suggestions above..Anyone have any idea about the actual rms of the SAE-1200Dv2 in a real world 12volt situation? Thanks..going to research it a little more..
i believe it puts out rated at 12 volts and closer to 1500 at 14.4v. i love mine even tho it doesnt get much use

i would say probly around 1300 rms @ 12volt(of course with no impendence rise)

Sundown is the real deal, if not that, get with mylows with the american bass, just my .02.
difference is a refurb and 90 day warranty ,and a bnib with a 1 year warranty .the vfl 75.1 actually puts out 1000 rms at 14.4 volts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.