Adire Audio Power Handling Chart

BonusBobo
10+ year member

Lightweight Sesh
Does the Power Handling chart on the adire audio website regarding the brahma series include the displacement of the driver itself? It says 2.85 cu. ft. for a Brahma 15 w/ 800W of power. Do I have to add another .5 cu. ft. or so to include the volume of the subwoofer? hunches/guesses are welcome w/ backing.

Originally posted by nswartley im pretty sure its after displacement. if you look athe the brahma 10, for 7000watts it says .11 ft^3. that has to be after displacement, cuz you cant fit the driver in that small a space
yeah, good point. That was my inclination. I think you're probably right. I wish jlaine would give me a heads up on this (he's an adire audio dealer) but he's harder to get to than the president.

Originally posted by BonusBobo Does the Power Handling chart on the adire audio website regarding the brahma series include the displacement of the driver itself? It says 2.85 cu. ft. for a Brahma 15 w/ 800W of power. Do I have to add another .5 cu. ft. or so to include the volume of the subwoofer? hunches/guesses are welcome w/ backing.
Remember your 800w amp has transient capabilities.

During musical bursts, you should be able to drive it to it's limits. Complete sine waves? You'll tickle it but won't destroy it. Very safe box for the power you have. Follow the chart.

Originally posted by jlaine Remember your 800w amp has transient capabilities.

During musical bursts, you should be able to drive it to it's limits. Complete sine waves? You'll tickle it but won't destroy it. Very safe box for the power you have. Follow the chart.
And the chart doesn't include the driver's displacement, yes?

From my discussions with Dan (i work at an Adire dealer) the chart looks to account for displacement. His recomendation to me for some brahma 12's in our demo set-up (i work at a marina so it is a boat) was around 900-1000 watts for a box around 1 cubes after displacement. To be safe you can e-mail adire. I don't have the address for their tech e-mail but it is on their site and they respond very quickly.

Originally posted by Wkerat From my discussions with Dan (i work at an Adire dealer) the chart looks to account for displacement. His recomendation to me for some brahma 12's in our demo set-up (i work at a marina so it is a boat) was around 900-1000 watts for a box around 1 cubes after displacement. To be safe you can e-mail adire. I don't have the address for their tech e-mail but it is on their site and they respond very quickly.
really? because I emailed them about a month ago and have yet to receive a reply.

That is odd, perhaps your e-mail did not go through because I have alwasy recieved a response within a day or two...You can always try to e-mail Dan directly...If not I would follow jlanes advice adn go with what the chart says.

That puny amount of space that the motor and cone take up will never make an audible difference for you.. Do it as you like.

If you want to be down to the miniscule iota of accuracy, that is prior to displacement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by jlaine That puny amount of space that the motor and cone take up will never make an audible difference for you.. Do it as you like.

If you want to be down to the miniscule iota of accuracy, that is prior to displacement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The guy who's supplying the driver for me, and who's building my box, says I should go with something significantly lower than the 2.85 that it says is perfect for the 800W I'm giving it. He says it recommends going lower than it in the manual. Is this true, you think?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.