Adding port length ..?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Put up your available space and I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow... I gotta work tonight (3rd's).
That would be ******* awesome man. I don't have access to a desktop or I would try to download some software. I posted pictures and description in my last comment that should help

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

That 33" deep... will it leave some room to the tailgate?
That's with the tailgate closed maximum space without hitting the tailgate

Ok noted. I'm trying to figure out how to get it down to 30 hz
Just scrap it and start over. Use the proceeds to invest in some nice birch or pine plywood. A double layer of that stuff all the way around will be stronger and weigh less. Aeroports might be a better option for you as well. They don't take up as much space and are easier to design around plus you can tune on the fly by adjusting port length even after the box is built. 2 6 inch aeros or a single 8 would be sufficient.

View attachment 26557733View attachment 26557734

Just scrap it and start over. Use the proceeds to invest in some nice birch or pine plywood. A double layer of that stuff all the way around will be stronger and weigh less. Aeroports might be a better option for you as well. They don't take up as much space and are easier to design around plus you can tune on the fly by adjusting port length even after the box is built. 2 6 inch aeros or a single 8 would be sufficient.
What do you think about this?

I only use aeroports, I cannot stand slot ports so I'm not the one to ask if you insist on using a slot port.
It's not that I'm against it I just haven't done it yet. By the numbers I punched in it looks like I can get away with 2 6 inch round ports with good optimum port. velocity. I might just do that because no matter what I do for a slot port I can't make it big enough with good port velocity... I might just do that

Triple baffled, double walled and ported for your power... hope it'll fit in the space you gave...

q0km8h.jpg

HMU if your interested... PM me your email address

Personally I'd go bigger but I feel it'll do just fine... I just wanted it to fit

Imo that calculator you're using isn't that great. Try ultimate car audio app. In my experience using it it's pretty darn close to winisd as far as port lenght,provided you put everything in right. Double check by measuring it yourself for the box volume .There's some advantages using aero ports. You'll get some more air space and it's more efficient then slot. You don't need as much port area.

I just finished one although on a much smaller scale lol. I left the port outside of the box about 2 inches so I could put a collar on it and lower my tune. Without extending it it's around 38 Hz so I can lower from that with ease.

It's pretty easy. Can be done with pvc pipe and a heat gun to make the flare. Here's a pic of the little box I done. It's flared on the inside. The port is mounted through my box bracing. The out side is rounded over with a router. I have some different length flared ends I can use when I extended it. But yeah I'd try that app guys on here will help you anyway though

Triple baffled, double walled and ported for your power... hope it'll fit in the space you gave...
q0km8h.jpg

Personally I'd go bigger but I feel it'll do just fine... I just wanted it to fit
Yea man that looks good. It looks almost identical to the box I have right now other than the port slot making that turn a few inches

q0km8h.jpg

That looks almost identical to my box other than the port taking a turn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.