Adding port length ..?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could I simply add another baffle or two to the inside of the port and cut the width of the port down to 2.25 inches?
well #1 u don't want port to be to narrow as tall as it is.... but u could ad 1 .75 board to inside of port make it 3" wide only thing is how much power are u running? port area really isn't big enough as it man unless u really under powering it..

How much power you runnin'?.. the port area/length is dependent on that in conjunction with volume to avoid compression... modeling up an enclosure usually enables you to get it right where it needs to be (area/length).

Did you model it up for your volume/power OP?

A box calculator cant do what you probably need.

How much power you runnin'?.. the port area/length is dependent on that in conjunction with volume to avoid compression... modeling up an enclosure usually enables you to get it right where it needs to be (area/length).
Did you model it up for your volume/power OP?

A box calculator cant do what you probably need.
Yea these box calculators are not helping because I have a lot of port noise and I'm not hitting lows as well as I'd like to. Because with a supposed tuning of 36 hz I should still be hitting those 30 hz notes

Unless you got parameters... I cannot help and stand behind it. I looked at a 18 Btl neo in 7ft3 net and I liked around 100in2 of port about 33" long to get it to around 30hz. That said, I'm not even sure what yours is gonna model up at for your power... I erred on the high side of port area as it looks like that driver can take quite a bit more power than you got... good luck

Edit....

is this it?

Fi btl d2 18" ufo

FI BTL D2 18"

2500 W. RMS, 1.4 Ohn Coils

DUAL 2

Fs: 33.6

HzRe: 1.4 Ohms

coilQms: 8.28

Qes:.32

Qts: .31

Mms: 344g

Sd: 1210cm

^2Vas: 133.8

Spl: 93.8dB 1W

1mBl: 25.1 N/A

AXmax: 28mm

Rms: 2500W

Sealed box: N/A

cuftPorted box:4.5-8.0cuftSub

OD: 18.500”Cut

ID: 16.750”

Mounting depth: 11.125”

Displacement: 0.18cuft

Looks pretty much the same to me modeling it up... it'll take a bigger amp for sure to get it near rated

Unless you got parameters... I cannot help and stand behind it. I looked at a 18 Btl neo in 7ft3 net and I liked around 100in2 of port about 33" long to get it to around 30hz. That said, I'm not even sure what yours is gonna model up at for your power... I erred on the high side of port area as it looks like that driver can take quite a bit more power than you got... good luck
Edit....

is this it?

Fi btl d2 18" ufo

FI BTL D2 18"

2500 W. RMS, 1.4 Ohn Coils

DUAL 2

Fs: 33.6

HzRe: 1.4 Ohms

coilQms: 8.28

Qes:.32

Qts: .31

Mms: 344g

Sd: 1210cm

^2Vas: 133.8

Spl: 93.8dB 1W

1mBl: 25.1 N/A

AXmax: 28mm

Rms: 2500W

Sealed box: N/A

cuftPorted box:4.5-8.0cuftSub

OD: 18.500”Cut

ID: 16.750”

Mounting depth: 11.125”

Displacement: 0.18cuft

Looks pretty much the same to me modeling it up... it'll take a bigger amp for sure to get it near rated
Yes that is it. I think 3000 watts is a good start for what electrical I have though. Definitely enough to get it moving. I just am at a loss on how to design a box

Yes that is it. I think 3000 watts is a good start for what electrical I have though. Definitely enough to get it moving. I just am at a loss on how to design a box
Put up your available space and I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow... I gotta work tonight (3rd's).

I came up with about 6.75cf tuned to about 33hz.

I would just sell that box and start over and use better wood the next time. That particle board is probably one of the worst kinds of material to use when making a speaker box. Even if the wood was free, particle board is garbage.

I came up with about 6.75cf tuned to about 33hz.
I would just sell that box and start over and use better wood the next time. That particle board is probably one of the worst kinds of material to use when making a speaker box. Even if the wood was free, particle board is garbage.
Ok noted. I'm trying to figure out how to get it down to 30 hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.