adding more power... bigger box or smaller box ??

We've had really good results with 5 cubes per 8 spoke 15. We have the loudest jeep soft top in the world with a pair of DD 9515s. Bet Boyd's wall full of 12s.
dam really...

i have been really thinking of going with diffrent subs.

dont get me wrong i like sq for what you get for the price i like.

but im looking for more, more spl, more nastiness lol...

and i take that 5^3 is gross right ?

thats what my box is now tuned at 34.

if i could afford it i would love to go with 4 - 15" but.........

OP what subs do you have, current box size/port area, and how much power are you stepping up to?

DD's seem to do well in big boxes as they have a rather stiff suspension. Most subs won't be happy in an overly large enclosure on a lot of power...

OP what subs do you have, current box size/port area, and how much power are you stepping up to?
DD's seem to do well in big boxes as they have a rather stiff suspension. Most subs won't be happy in an overly large enclosure on a lot of power...
It's not got much to do with the suspension. DC subs are stupid stuff and don't like them.

It's not got much to do with the suspension. DC subs are stupid stuff and don't like them.
All the DD/AQ set ups I've built have been on the large side cuz of the stiff suspension. And I agree that DC soft parts leave a lot to be desired but I have built a few loud set ups with them. Just that the guys go thru recones on a regular basis...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.