Adding an Amplifier to Head Unit - Audio Options

Participant count
  • Participant list

JonnyAlpha

UK
Hi;

Car Audio Newbie here :)

I have bought a Sony XPLOD 4 Channel Amplifier (Install Instructions here). The pic on the Sony Support page is incorrect by the way it shows a 2 channel amp!!

An want to add it to a recently purchased S/H Sony CDX GT26 (Or Pioneer DEH 1600R).

Both head units have a single RCA Out on the rear which is where the amp connects.

Question:

1. With an Amplifier fitted are the standard Front and Rear Speaker outputs disabled?

2. Do you get both front and rear channels output from the Rear Out into the Amp?

If the answer to question 2 is yes that's great as it would appear that there is a problem with the ISO connections on the Sony CDX (intermittent when wiggled).

Many thanks

How many more threads you gonna make for the same issue?!
They are all discreetly different and as I have OCD I didn't want to mix them up :) besides imho have found that asking too may mixed questions usually results in some not getting answered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.