Adding amplifier question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys,

I have a really silly question to ask. I have a 1200W sub powered by a 1000w Amp. If I wanted to add more power to it do I necessarily have to get a bigger amp?

For instance instead of buying a 1500w amp. Could I theoretically just get a RCA splitter, get a second amp that puts out 500w and wire it to the sub as well.

I'm sure you can't but I want to be certain because that would certainly be more economical.

Sorry for the silly question in advanced.

nope, has to be the exact same amp. you wont get much of a difference between 1000-1500w unless the 1000w amp is complete trash. better off investing up front and just selling the old amp once you get the new one to recoup some cost

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.