Adding a single 12-15 SQ sub in my setup

krisfnbz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Frederick MD
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3416

Jmanpc pretty much has convinced me to give this sub a shot, get em for $105 on egay shipped.

Previously I had the exact same setup in my sig, except I had a 9887 and had two alpine type S's sealed, I enjoyed the S's because they were cheap, but I want more SQ in the sub department. What do you think?

I will be upgrading my tweeters soon to either the cal 25's, or sea neos...I enjoy silk tweeters.

No experience* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

There's quite a few options in the 700 watt SQ subs though that are also good. The Re SE wouldn't disappoint. It also carries a $80 more pricetag, and since I haven't dealt with the MB quart I couldn't tell you how it stacks up.

It sounds really nice, but is just to shy in output department, i had 1 of those before the type R and i can barely listen it when i give 150W to my comps, they cant handle more than 700W, if you go belong that they'll sound like fart. i had 2 cheap 10" pioneers that sound louder than this sub @ the same 700W with the same amp.

But the sound is really nice, and the price is nice to.

It sounds really nice, but is just to shy in output department, i had 1 of those before the type R and i can barely listen it when i give 150W to my comps, they cant handle more than 700W, if you go belong that they'll sound like fart. i had 2 cheap 10" pioneers that sound louder than this sub @ the same 700W with the same amp.
But the sound is really nice, and the price is nice to.
Good input. I dont think I will have a problem, I am upgrading from two alpine type S's, giving roughly about 300 per sub, in a 2.5 cube enclosure, and I was happy with that output, did not get very loud, but loud enough.

I am in the same boat, ~700 rms SQ sub. I have gotten it down to the Re Se and Treo TE. Still can't pull the trigger on one though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif.

I have two entry-level JBL's. They're the GTO1002's (10" drivers), and they're getting 600 between them, and they go perfect with my front stage (Esk165's). They aren't over powering, but you know they're there. I honestly think my system sounds AMAZING. I need to sound deaden my car... but that's neither here nor there.

AA 15" Avalanche. . . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You Know, I used to own an 8 inch assassin, and man that was one hell of a sub. Where do you buy that brand nowadays?

AA products are sold through dealers. If there is no dealer in your area, there are 2 online authorized dealers - Nick at Fi and Hardcore Customs.
website is http://www.ascendantaudio.com

The Avalanche uses the XBL^2 motor and is no longer made. . .

Brian
Nice,

I ended up pulling the trigger on the MB Quart though. Was way out of the price range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.