Adding a set of components, and 4 channel. Are these good speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sgt. Spuds
10+ year member

My amp is a Hifonics TXi4408, its specs are as follows.

4 ohms: 55 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 110 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 220 watts x 2 chan

I am wanting to run at 2 ohm to get the most out of the amp, and that has me looking at infinity components.

Infinity Reference 6030cs 6-3/4" component speaker system — also fit in 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield.com

Anyone have any knowledge on those? They seem a little too cheap to be good, but I would love to be able to be around 100 bucks for the fronts. ( tell me if I am wasting my time on 100 dollar door speakers )

Then I am confused as to what to do with the rears. I could;

Leave rears stock, bridge amp to 2 channel and keep running rears off head unit

Leave rears stock, run amp 4 channel mode and put some power to them ( they are bose 2 ohm )

Buy some 2 way speakers for the back, bridge amp to 2 channel and run the rears of HU

Buy some 2 way speakers for the back, and run the amp in 4 channel mode powering all of them

Buy another set of components for the rear

I even had someone recommend to just buy some mid bass units and run them off the HU power.

The truck is a 2003 Escalade, with 2 Sundown SA-15s in the rear. I hardly ever have passengers but don't want them to not hear any highs when I do have a few.

To clarify, the amp has a minimum of 4 ohms when bridged, not 2 ohms. 4 ohm bridged is typical. the loudest combination would be 4 ohm speakers in front off the amp bridged.

to run 2 ohm speakers you need to run it in 4 channel mode.

the rears should be quieter than the fronts. but in a large SUV having some rears is desired.

if you run rears off the HU then you use the fader to fade to front to let you use more HU volume which keeps amp gain low and noise low. the HU will no like 2 ohm speakers.

best bet is to upgrade the rears to 4 ohm. run them off the amp in 4 channel mode with 2 ohm front speakers.

Infinity Reference is good for the money. so is JBL.

I ended up getting a pair of polk audio dxi6500's for the front. I went and listened to a bunch and they seemed to be the best of the bunch. Will post once they are in.

I think Im gonna leave the rears stock, but can I go ahead and plug in my rear channel rcas and run them to the amp but not plug them into the amp. So I dont ever have to remove my head unit again in the future? Or will my headunit stop sending the high level signal once the rcas are plugged in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.